I’m a big fan of TDD. In an ideal world, done right, TDD should give you 100% code coverage. But this is the real world and it’s not always that easy to spot when you’ve missed an edge case. That’s why recently I’ve been looking into getting some code coverage results from my projects.
Recently I’ve been playing a lot with a program called Rainmeter which can put lots of shiny system monitoring widgets on your desktop. After a few shots at making some widgets for myself I got a bit bored of messing around with ini files (used to configure Rainmeter) and so have started making an application to build the widgets graphically.
This project is one of a growing number that I’m putting up on GitHub, making it easier for me to access wherever I am and easier for people to get hold of my source code. You should now be able to clone my OpenGL and DirectX tutorials (along with a couple of my other projects) from my GitHub page.
Improving the way I make my software has been on my mind for some time and just recently I’ve actually taking a couple of good steps (I hope) to achieving these improvements.
I’ve been running an updated (and I think improved!) version of my ArduinoLight project for some time, so I figured it was time to post some details about it.
Just thought I’d make a brief post regarding the SOPA strike that many sites are going through.I’m not from America so unfortunately I can’t go bang on my local senators door. I do, however, think it’s great to see so many sites blacking out to raise awareness of the issue and to protest this censorship bill.
To find out more check out the SOPA Strike website
Someone posted a comment on one of my posts asking if they could get hold of the application I made to run my Adalight device. I’ve uploaded a (hopefully) working version now and you can download it here.
To follow on from my last post, I’ve now stuck the LEDs and Arduino together in some sort of working fashion and have now started to play around programming it. Some of my results are below.